BETADINE COLD DEFENSE NASAL SPRAY
While a common cold isn’t going to put you on your deathbed, it is crippling enough to clog your mind, nose, and at times, your ears. If you’re one of those people who still manage to get out of bed and get to work, we take our hats off to you because most people just turn into a pile of blankets when they have a cold.
Your bedside table probably has a number of different sprays and pills to help you feel better, but many of them seem to be ineffective for the most part. Often, you just have to wait it out for a few days, but certain medical solutions help reduce the duration of these colds. One such option is the Betadine Cold Defense Nasal Spray. Unlike antibiotics, which often prove to be ineffective when it comes to curing colds or take too long to show improvement, this spray starts showing its positive impact soon after you start using it.
Why Antibiotics Are Ineffective For Curing Colds
Common colds are usually caused by viruses and dissipate naturally over a couple of days (although they may make you suffer for up to 2 weeks). Antibiotics are meant to fight bacteria, not viruses, and are generally ineffective against colds.
Note: Some colds may eventually lead to a bacterial infection, in which case, you will need to consult a doctor and get a prescription for antibiotics. However, the percentage of such cases is much smaller than that of people suffering from viral colds.
Research indicates that antibiotics are pretty much completely useless for colds, and your cold will last for the same time period regardless of whether you’re taking the medication or not.
In fact, using antibiotics for small problems like colds can have adverse effects. It can cause stomach problems like diarrhea and other issues like rashes, nausea, and so on. It can also lead to long term problems like making your body resistant to antibiotics so that they’ll be ineffective even in the cases where they’re actually needed.
How Does Betadine Nasal Spray Help You Fight Against Colds?
Betadine Cold Defense Nasal Spray has some core active ingredients that are specially designed to clear up your clogged sinuses:
Carrageenan/ Iota Carrageenan
Carrageenan is essentially a substance derived from red or purple seaweed and is a major active ingredient in Betadine nasal spray. It essentially works in 3 ways to reduce the intensity and duration of your cold:
- Creates a protective layer on your nasal lining to prevent viruses from seeping in
- Traps the viruses in your system to stop them from multiplying and spreading
- It allows the virus to exit your body once the mucus is released through your nose.
Overall, it reduces the severity of the symptoms of your cold and can shorten its duration by around 2 days.
There have been quite a few studies where patients who were just starting out with a cold were either given a placebo or iota-carrageenan, and the end results showed that patients that received iota-carrageenan showed improvement at a faster rate and were less likely to relapse into a cold within the next couple of weeks:
- A study by Martin Koenighofer et al. examined 254 patients with a cold. 126 subjects were part of the test group, and the remaining 128 received a placebo. They were examined based on the duration of the cold, the number of relapses per patient, the number of viruses at their first visit as compared to the viruses on the second visit (conducted 3-5 days later). The test group showed significant improvement in symptoms in just 2 days and significantly fewer relapses in 21 days.
- Another study by R. Eccles et al. examined 200 patients (divided into a test and placebo group) over a period of 10 days (using iota-carrageenan spray 4 times a day). The test group showed a better and faster rate of improvement.
Sodium chloride helps moisten your sinuses when they dry up during a cold. It also dissolves or softens crusty mucus. It is particularly helpful in removing mucus from the noses of young children. It helps ease the stuffiness caused by the cold and makes breathing easier and more comfortable.
What Betadine Cold Defense Nasal Spray Helps with
Betadine Cold Defense Nasal Spray should be used at the first sign of a cold and is suitable for both children and adults. It helps treats issues such as:
- The common cold
- Protecting nasal cavities from viruses
- Reduce the duration of colds
- Reduce the spread of viral colds
- Moisten the nasal lining when it dries up.
How is it Used?
Betadine Cold Defense Nasal Spray is quite easy to use, so even if you’re down with a slight fever and a clogged throat and nose, you won’t have to get out of bed to use this spray. Just tilt your head back and spritz into each nostril 2-3 times, breathing as you do this. This spray can be used up to 3 times a day to ensure maximum cold relief. This spray should be used until even the slightest symptoms of your cold have completely disappeared.
This nasal spray is pretty much free of any side effects, but there may be very rare cases where you might see rashes or experience a blocked throat. In such cases, consult your doctor immediately.
Overall, Betadine Cold Defense Nasal Spray has been scientifically proven to be successful in reducing cold symptoms and duration and preventing fast relapses. It has practically no side effects and will provide you with the comfort you need when your nose is completely clogged, and your cold is making it difficult for you to function normally in your day-to-day activities.