Made from a naturally sourced medicinal ingredient, HELIXIA Cough Prospan for adults and adolescents 12 years and older is:
- Free of sucrose28 gluten, dyes and alcohol12
- Non-drowsy formulation
HELIXIA Cough Prospan is a sound alternative for those who cannot take or have difficulty tolerating over-the-counter medications, as well as those who prefer effective products with naturally sourced medicinal ingredients.
HELIXIA Cough Prospan is a cough syrup made from ivy leaf extract, a naturally sourced medicinal ingredient backed by a wide range of clinical trials and solid worldwide experience. HELIXIA Cough Prospan is used as an expectorant to relieve coughing and loosen mucus and phlegm. HELIXIA Cough Prospan has been used for more than 20 years in Germany and is ranked the world’s #4 best-selling expectorant and #1 best-selling herbal expectorant.
Medicinal Ingredient: dried ivy leaf extract (Hedera helix L.). Each mL contains 7 mg of dried ivy leaf extract.
Non-medicinal Ingredients (alphabetically): citric acid, flavour, potassium sorbate, purified water, sorbitol, and xanthan gum. Each 5 mL dose contains 1.93 g of sorbitol as a sugar substitute.
How To Take Helixia Cough Prospan
- 100 mL and 200 mL bottles with an enclosed measuring cup, ideal for home use.
- Shake the bottle well each time before use.
- Age Recommended Dose (Use Table From Bottle Label)
- Adults and adolescents 12 years and older take 5 mL (1 tsp.), 3 times daily for at least 1 week. Consult a healthcare professional for use beyond 4 weeks.
- Take HELIXIA Cough Prospan for at least 1 week or longer depending on the nature and severity of your condition. It is recommended to keep taking HELIXIA Cough Prospan for 2–3 days after your symptoms have disappeared.
HOW TO STORE HELIXIA Cough Prospan:
- Store at room temperature (15ºC to 30ºC).
- HELIXIA Cough Prospan can be used for up to 3 months after first opening the bottle.
Warnings And Precautions:
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Do not use if you are allergic to ivy, sorbitol or any of the other ingredients in HELIXIA Cough Prospan.If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, consult a healthcare professional before taking.
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
- In the event of persistent symptoms, fever, feeling short of breath, or purulent or bloody expectoration, consult a doctor immediately.
Known Adverse Reactions:
HELIXIA Cough Prospan may cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and/or abdominal and epigastric (in the upper middle part of the abdomen) pain in some patients. Consult a healthcare professional if you have any side effects or if your symptoms persist or worsen.